I have enjoyed participating in this challenge this year, so I am signing up again!
The challenge is again hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages, but she has now moved her challenges to their own dedicated blog entitled A Few More (Reading) Challenges.
Here are the details copied from Katy's blog:
2nds Challenge 2012:
Have you read a book by an author that you really enjoyed and felt moved to read another of the author’s works? Or are you thinking to give an author another try even if you didn’t like your first taste of their work? If yes, then this challenge is for you! You’re going to go back for seconds of an author that you’ve only read once. The great thing about this challenge is that it’s not just for your second in a series books, but the second time you’ve read an author as well.
(This challenge has previously been hosted at J. Kaye’s Book Blog, Royal Reviews, and A Few More Pages)
Interested in joining the fun? Here are the guidelines:
1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate. If you’re not a blogger, you can post your reviews at a review site like Goodreads, LibraryThing, or Shelfari and link them up here.
2. There are four levels to choose from in this challenge:
• Just a spoonful - Read 3 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you’ve read the author.
• A few more bites - Read 6 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you’ve read the author.
• A full plate - Read 12 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you’ve read the author.
• All you can eat - Read 20 books (or more) that are 2nd in a series or the second time you’ve read the author.
You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you. Any genre counts. Any book format counts.
3. The challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2012.
4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2012.
5. A post will be created here where you can link-up your reviews and visit the reviews of other participants.
6. If you’re a blogger, write up a sign-up post that includes the URL to this post so that others can join in. Feel free to use the button! You can grab the code you need from the box in the right sidebar.
If you write up a sign-up post, enter the direct link to that post when you sign up here so we can find it easily. Otherwise, link away!
In 2011, I aimed for A Full Plate and I am not quite finished (though I hope to make it by the end of the year!). I am aiming for A Full Plate again (read 12 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you've read the author).
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I am going to keep track of my progress below:
- Crossed by Ally Condie (Matched, Book 2)
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare (second time reading this author)
- Spirit Bound by Christine Feehan (Sisters of the Heart, Book 2)
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis (Across the Universe, Book 2)
- Fever by Lauren DeStefano (The Chemical Garden, Book 2)
- Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (Alpha & Omega, Book 1) (second time reading this author)
- Carry On, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham (second time reading this author)
- Surrender by Elana Johnson (Possession, Book 2)
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake (Anna, Book 2)
- Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh (Nevermore, Book 2)
- The Last Bastion of the Living: A Futuristic Zombie Novel by Rhiannon Frater (second time reading this author)
- A Winter Dream by Richard Paul Evans (second time reading this author)
- Kiss of Surrender by Sandra Hill (Deadly Angels, Book 2)
- The New Guy: Gathering Bonus Short by Kelley Armstrong (Darkness Rising, Book 1.1) (second time reading this author)
- Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet by M.C. Beaton (Agatha Raisin, Book 2)