Welcome to the 2014 Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge
hosted by Darlene's Book Nook!
hosted by Darlene's Book Nook!
The books in the Sookie Stackhouse (aka Southern Vampires) series by Charlaine Harris are (including short stories and novellas):
- Dead Until Dark (Book #1) - May 2001
- Living Dead in Dallas (Book #2) - April 2002
- Club Dead (Book #3) - May 2003
- Dead to the World (Book #4) - May 2004
- "Fairy Dust" from A Touch of Dead - October 2004
- "Dancers in the Dark" novella from Night's Edge Anthology (ISBN 978-0-373-77010-6) - October 2004
- "Dracula Night" from A Touch of Dead - September 2007
- Dead as a Doornail (Book #5) - May 2005
- "One Word Answer" from A Touch of Dead - December 2004
- Definitely Dead (Book #6) - May 2006
- "Tacky" from My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding (ISBN 978-0-312-34360-6)- October 2006
- All Together Dead (Book #7) - May 2007
- "Lucky" from A Touch of Dead - December 2008
- From Dead to Worse (Book #8) - May 2008
- "Gift Wrap" from A Touch of Dead - October 2008
- Dead and Gone (Book #9) - May 2009
- "Bacon" from Strange Brew (ISBN 978-0-312-38336-7) - July 2009
- "The Britlingens Go to Hell" novella from Must Love Hellhounds (ISBN 978-0-425-22959-0) - September 2009
- "Dahlia Underground" from Crimes by Moonlight - April 2010
- "Two Blondes" from Death's Excellent Vacation (ISBN 978-0-441-01868-0) - August 2010
- Dead in the Family (Book #10) - May 2010
- "A Very Vampire Christmas" by Glamour Magazine - December 2010
- "Small-Town Wedding" novella from The Sookie Stackhouse Companion (ISBN 978-0-441-01971-7) - August 2011
- Dead Reckoning (Book #11) - May 2011
- The Sookie Stackhouse Companion (ISBN 978-0-441-01971-7) - August 2011
- "Death By Dahlia" from Down These Strange Streets - October 2011
- Deadlocked (Book #12) - May 2012
- "If I Had A Hammer" from Home Improvement: Undead Edition (ISBN 978-0-441-02035-5) - August 2011
- "Playing Possum" from An Apple for the Creature - September 2012
- Dead Ever After (Book #13) - May 2013
- After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse (Book #13.5) - October 2013
- "The Blue Hereafter" from Weird World of Sports - release not announced yet
Please read below for the challenge guidelines.
2014 Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge
Here are the challenge details:
1. The challenge will run from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Books must be read during this time-frame to count.
2. You can join the challenge at any time! All books read during the challenge period count for the challenge, regardless of when you sign up.
3. This challenge can cross-over to your other reading challenges.
4. You do not need a blog to participate! If you are not a blogger, you can post your reviews at Goodreads, Shelfari, or LibraryThing and link them up here.
5. All formats of books are acceptable: Bound copies, e-books, and audiobooks (as long as they are unabridged).
6. There are four levels for the challenge:
a. Level 1 "Just A Drop": Read 1-10 books in the series.
b. Level 2 "A Small Bite": Read 11-20 books in the series.
c. Level 3 "So Thirsty": Read 21-30 books in the series.
d. Level 4 "Hungry For More": Read 31-32 books in the series!
7. When you write your sign-up post, you must choose your level. You can go up but you cannot go down!
8. There will be a separate linky for your reviews, which will be posted on THIS page.
9. There will be a linky for your wrap-up post at the end of the year.
10. Create a sign-up post and link back to this post. Sign up with Mister Linky below! Be sure to use the direct url to your sign-up post and not the url to your blog.
11. Grab the challenge button and post it in your sidebar. Copy and paste this HTML code into an HTML gadget for your sidebar: <a href="http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/01/2014-sookie-stackhouse-reading-challenge.html"><img alt="2014 Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge" src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8B_g6DMJPq0/UtXSj7PnNAI/AAAAAAAAAd8/s9_IeRWY-iw/s320/2014+Sookie+Stackhouse+Reading+Challenge.jpg" width="190" /></a>
Sign-up below if you wish to join me in the challenge!