I just love this time of year! I read a ton of Christmas books with the kids, so I'm really excited to see that there is an extra level for that!
Here are the details copied from Michelle's Christmas Spirit blog:
Now, on to the details and sign up:- challenge will run from Monday, November 21, 2011 through Friday, January 6, 2011 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
- cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
- These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a childrens Christmas books level!
- visit this POST for a list of new Christmas books for 2011. Two books I highly recommend for this season that I have read and reviewed...The Christmas Village by Melissa Ann Goodwin and The Reindeer Keeper by Barbara Briggs Ward (click the titles to read my reviews).Levels:--Candy Cane: read 1 book--Mistletoe: read 2-4 books--Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)
Additional levels:--Fa La La La Films: watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!--Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with your children this season and share what you read*the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels abovethe most important rule? Have fun!!!
I will have a review linky posted as a page the day the challenge starts. You will find it at the top of the right sidebar.
Sign up in the linky below (link to your post with your reading list...you can change up your list during the challenge...I just want to be able to stop by to welcome you and see what you plan to read).GIVEAWAY!All challenge participants in the U.S. will be entered to win a mystery box of Christmas titles handpicked by me (these will be gently used books). I will pick an additional winner from any International participants and I will purchase a book or eBook of your choice under $5.00 (U.S.) from Book Depository or Better World Books and have it shipped to you. I will verify that these retailers do indeed ship free to your country. If they do not, you will have to choose an eBook or I will choose another winner. All challenge participants will be asked to complete a wrap-up post, share it in the wrap-up linky, and include your country of residence with your name to be eligible for the giveaway. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment below.
I am aiming for Candy Cane Level (read 1 book), although I plan to read a ton of books with the kids so I am also going for Visions of Sugar Plums Level. We also watch Christmas movies, so we will also include the Fa La La La Films Level!
If you want to join me in the challenge, click on one of the challenge badges in this post.
I plan to listen to the audiobook of The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans. It is a contemporary retelling of A Christmas Carol.
Here is the link to my review of The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans.
I have no idea yet what Christmas books I will read aloud to the kids. Generally, we go to the library and get bags and bags of Christmas books! I'll make my list for that level, as well as the movie level, as we read and watch them.
Visions of Sugar Plums Level: I read these books aloud to my children
- Mrs. Claus Takes a Vacation by Linas Alsenas
- Christmas Farm by Mary Lyn Ray
- The Christmas House by Carol Bullman
- Arthur's Perfect Christmas by Marc Brown
- On Christmas Eve by Margaret Wise Brown