This challenge is being hosted by Adam at Roof Beam Reader. I need serious help tackling my TBR pile! If Adam keeps hosting this challenge, I will be joining him for many years to come!
Here are the details copied from Adam's blog:
The Goal: To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2011 or later (any book published in the year 2010 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
2. You must write an original review/response (it doesn’t have to be anything fancy) for each book, to help us ensure you are actually completing the books you say you are.
3. The link you post in the Mr. Linky below must be to your “master list” (see mine below). This is where you will keep track of your books completed, crossing them out and/or dating them as you go along, and updating the list with the links to each review (so there’s one easy, convenient way to find your list and all your reviews for the challenge). See THIS LINK for an idea of what I mean.
Remember: Create and post your list FIRST, then come back and link-up with Mr. Linky to that specific post (do NOT just link to your blog/goodreads page/live journal, etc.).
Also, I will be capturing and saving all lists – so be CERTAIN of your choices before posting your link. Once I save your list, any changes you make to it during the year will disqualify you.
My 2012 TBR Pile Challenge List:
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (Outlander, Book 1)
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter Series, Book 1)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter Series, Book 2)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter Series, Book 3)
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon (Outlander Series, Book 2)
My Two Alternates:
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I am going to link up my reviews to the above list as I go along.