When I was looking at my TBR list, I realized that there are a lot of 2011 debut novels that I want to read. When I came across this challenge which is being hosted by Chick Loves Lit, I thought it would be a great way to include the follow-ups to 2011 debuts!
Here are the details copied from Chick Loves Lit's blog:
SOPHOMORE READING CHALLENGE (SRC)!
What books count towards the SRC?
Any second YA or MG book published by an author in 2012 counts – it can be the second in a series, a new series, or a standalone. The only requirement is that it is the SECOND book the author has published in the YA or MG realm (and it must publish in 2012 in your home country)! I have started a Goodreads list HERE – as you can see, there are probably many many books on that list you are planning on reading already :)
When does the challenge run?
Books read before January 2013 count for this challenge.
Why should I join this challenge?
Reading debut novels is AWESOME. It is by far my favorite challenge – it allows me to find many new authors that I love. What better way to support these authors than to read their next published book?
What are the guidelines of the challenge?
Your challenge is to read 10 sophomore YA/MG novels in 2012. To officially participate, you need a Goodreads account or blog where you post reviews in English.
What should I do if I’m an author coming out with a sophomore novel?
I would love to feature you on my blog! Please contact me via THIS FORM or by e-mail (shanynlee at gmail.com).
How do I join?
Link your blog or Goodreads account below, and make a list of the sophomore novels you’re looking forward to :)
There will be prize packs given away to challenge participants throughout next year. You will receive an automatic entry for signing up to participate – options for additional entries will be announced at the time of the giveaway.
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I am going to keep track of my progress below (here are the books that I have my eye on, and I will link-up my reviews as I go):
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis (Across the Universe, Book 2)
- Fever by Lauren DeStefano (The Chemical Garden, Book 2)
- Surrender by Elana Johnson (Possession, Book 2)
- Never Enough by Denise Jaden
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake (Anna, Book 2)
- Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh (Nevermore, Book 2)
- Ashes of Twilight by Kassy Tayler (Ashes Trilogy, Book 1)
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Divergent, Book #2)
- Hallowed by Cynthia Hand (Unearthly, Book #2)
- Untitled by Michelle Hodkin (Mara Dyer, Book #2)
- Dreamless by Josephine Angelini (Starcrossed, Book #2)
- Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter (Goddess Test, Book #2)
- Embers and Echoes by Karsten Knight (Wildefire, Book #2)
- Thumped by Megan McCafferty (Bumped, Book #2)
- Until I Die by Amy Plum (Revenants, Book #2)
- A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Heaten (Gods & Monsters, Book #2)
- Envy by Elizabeth Miles (The Fury Trilogy, Book #2)
- Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin (Ashfall, Book #2)