I was so excited to see someone hosting the Outlander challenge for next year. This challenge is being hosted by Literary Escapism.
I did sign up for the 2011 Outlander challenge, but I have failed miserably! I haven't even gotten around to reading the first one :(
I am really hoping that I can the series next year! I have heard this series recommended by so many people, and it sounds like something I would enjoy.
Here are the details of the challenge copied from Literary Escapism's blog:
So for 2012, I’m hosting the Outlander Reading Challenge. Here are the details:
1. The challenge will run from January 1st through December 31st.
2. The goal is to read all 7 Outlander novels as well as all 4 Lord John novels, listed below, or as many as you can or want to do. (I don’t like inflexible reading challenges, so don’t stress out if you don’t think you’ll be able to get through them all).
3. Once a month, we’ll get together and chat about where and what we’ve read (more details about this to come).
4. After reading one of the novels, write your review and then come back to the main challenge page and add your link to Mr. Linky. Make sure you include your name and which title you’ve read.
5. Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome. You don’t have to have a site to participate. You can link up via Facebook, GoodReads or even Amazon if you’d like.
OutlanderDragonfly in AmberVoyagerDrums of AutumnThe Fiery CrossA Breath of Snow and AshesAn Echo in the Bone
Lord John and the Private Matter
Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade
Lord John and the Hand of Devils
The Scottish Prisoner
During the last weekend of each month, let’s gather to discuss whichever novel we’re currently on. I’m thinking, with 11 novels being focused on, a person could concentrate on doing one month – so it makes perfect sense to dicuss the books at the end of the month. Plus, do we really need a reason to get together and talk books? Right now I’m thinking we’ll do the chat via Twitter with the hashtag #LEOutlander or on LE’s Facebook page (via a note), this way people don’t have to be tied to their computers for any length of time and can come and go as one likes. What do you guys think? This part of the challenge is still in the works. *grin*
If you want to join me in the challenge, just click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I am going to keep track of my progress below: