This survey is hosted by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner.
Number Of Books You Read: 75 (49 audiobooks, 21 "traditional" books, 5 e-books)
Number of Re-Reads: 4
Genre You Read The Most From: Mystery (24) followed by a three-way tie between Horror (7), Dystopia (7) and Paranormal Romance (7)
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
I need to pick from a few different genres!
Best Paranormal Romance (tie)
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Contemporary romances are not something that I typically enjoy, but I absolutely loved this one!
This one was a bit of a disappointment!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I can't say for sure whether anyone did, but this is the one that I've been recommending over and over.
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
A conversation between Doc Jane and Lassiter:
“Lassiter. I want to see the front of you.”
“That’s what all the girls say.”
“Do you expect me to roll you over? ’Cuz I will.”
“Your mate’s not going to like this.”
“As if that’s going to bother you?”
“True. It actually makes it worth the effort.”
With a groan, he shoved his palms into the shimmering silver pool of blood beneath him, and flopped over like the side of beef he was.
“Wow,” she breathed.
“I know, right? Hung like a horse.”
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
18. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
20. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
21. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
22. Best 2016 debut you read?
23. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
24. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
25. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
26. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
27. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
1. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI, which I look forward to every year!
2. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Resumed blogging in August 2016 after a hiatus since October 2014!
3. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
As always, it's the balance between family, work, and leisure time!
4. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read (839 pageviews)
5. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes! I'm a challenge junkie!! I joined 55 reading challenges in 2016, and I only missed completing 3 of them (2 at 75% completed and the other at 92% completed). My Wrap-up Post is HERE.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
In the short time that I've resumed blogging, I am reminded of how much work it takes a maintain and update a blog! When I resumed blogging in 2016, I decided that I just wanted to focus on getting back to the reason why I started a blog which was to hold myself accountable to find more time to read. Joining reading challenges help me to branch out, and I enjoy that. Admittedly, there are times that I've read a book solely for fitting it into a reading challenge but that can turn out to be a pleasant surprise sometimes! I decided for this year not to participate in blog tours or accept books for review (aside from the occasional audiobook or something that I planned to read anyway), and I think that I will continue that in 2017. I still find that I am spending more time working on my blog than I am reading, which kind of defeats the purpose of why I started a blog and that's the part that I struggle with! I am still trying to find that balance. Instead of maintaining a blog, should I just post my reviews and keep track of challenges on Goodreads? I don't know. I enjoy my blog, and it's a labour of love. I do participate in a few memes, which help me find new books to add to my ever-growing TBR mountain. For now, my plans are to continue blogging but it is a lot of work and does cut into my reading time. I guess that's the good and bad with it!
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Nothing so far!