I am sure that everyone has heard of a "Secret Santa" exchange? Well, this is an online version!
If you sign-up, you will be paired up with another participant and send a book from that person's wishlist to them before December 10th. Your partner will send you something from your wishlist. After December 25th, you can reveal your identity to your partner!
Sound fun? I thought so!
Here are the details copied from Bree's blog:
'My Bookworm Santa' is an event that Michelle from Book Briefs and I got together and planned. We hope you can join in and participate with us :)
My Bookworm Santa is the book blogger's version of 'Secret Santa.' So you sign up via the form below, and we'll pair you up with another random entrant. If you're only willing to ship to America, we'll pair you up with someone from America.(remember though, that the Book Depository ships free to most countries. This is a good way to meet some international book bloggers) We'll send their wishlist and address to you, and your wishlist and address to them. Then, before December 10th, we'll ask that you purchase a book from the wishlist we sent over, and send the book to your randomly selected blogger. And on Christmas (December 25th), you'll reveal yourself to the other person, and hopefully make new friends :) Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, you're more than welcome to join us.
We'll also be having a small, separate giveaway during the sign-up period. If you tweet about this event, blog about this event, or follow our blogs via GCF, and grab the event button then you'll earn extra entries. Signing up for our My Bookworm Santa event earns you one point. At the end of the sign-up period, we'll randomly choose two participants (international people are more than welcome), and send them over one book from their wishlist. Setting up a blog post is a great way to get referrals, and each person that names you as their referral will earn you one extra entry in our giveaway.
Rules, Terms and Conditions:
- If you sign up for this event, you're PROMISING us that you will, no matter what, fulfill your end of the agreement and send over a book to the blogger. If you have any problems, please come talk to one of us.
- International people are more than welcome to join :)
- Sign-ups close at the beginning of December
- Please do not reveal yourself to your assigned blogger until after December 25th
- You MUST send over a book before December 10th so that it can arrive to the blogger's house in time for, or a little after Christmas on December 25th.
- The book MUST be in in perfect condition, and listed in your assigned blogger's wishlist.
- This isn't created as a way to 'get new books.' Our goal through this is to help create new friends.
- Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, you're more than welcome to join us :)
- You can sign up through THIS FORM.
Michelle and Bree
To sign-up for My Bookworm Santa, please click on the badge at the beginning of this post!