I am pleased to participate in the What Happens in Vegas Virtual Book Tour sponsored by Partners in Crime Tours. We will be joined today by the author of What Happens in Vegas, Natasha Deen.
When I was little, there was only one thing I wanted to be: a superhero. But there came a day when my dreams were broken, and that was the day I realized that being a klutz was not, in fact, a super power, and my super weakness for anything bright and shiny meant a magpie with self-control could easily defeat me in a battle of wills. I turned to writing as a way to sharpen my mental super-hero skills. I don’t get to orbit the earth in a space station (and thank God, because I get sick on merry go round), but I do get to say things like: “Stand aside! This is a job for Writing Girl!!”
Welcome to Darlene's Book Nook, Natasha!
Natasha has written a guest post, so I will now turn to floor over to her!
The Top Five Reasons to Love Binda Morningstar – Natasha Deen
Every author falls in love with their characters. We have to because we spend a year (or more) just writing about them. I really like my female characters. They’ve got elements of the women I love—my sisters from different misters—and my protagonists also emulate characteristics of the kick-ass chick I wish I could be.
Binda was hilarious fun to write. She’s smart and loving, earnest, and of course, a complete disaster. Here are the top reasons I love Binda:
1. She’s courageous: Her boss has been kidnapped by mob guys, there’s a cursed jewel in play, and to save the day, she’s got to do the last thing she’d ever want: beg her boss’s estranged brother (who happens to be a yummy cop), Corine Hawthorne, for help.
2. She’s persistent: So what if she’s so nervous she ends up babbling so badly that the super-hot Corine is staring at her like he’s debating calling the lunatic asylum. And so what if she’s such a disaster, he not only refuses to listen but kicks her off his property? Binda’s going to save her boss and find that jewel.
3. She’s inventive: When Corin won’t help, she’s ready and prepared to go into the shadows and get the boys in his division to step up, even if that means letting the interviewing officer misunderstand the family connection…and when that ends up working in her favour and Corin has to help her, well, it’s just a matter of time before the case is solved.
4. She’s resourceful: Stuck in a pantry with an intruder in the house? No problem. She’s got a broom, a can of soda, and if those don’t work, maybe she can use her “lose her mind in a crisis” superpower to ninja-kick the guy in the crotch, then grab her kitten and run for safety.
5. She always gets her happy ending: She may have to take on a growly (but so sexy) cop, a mob boss, a crazy ex-wife, and YIFFS at a sex convention, but when it comes to love and life, Binda Morningstar is not only going to get her man, she’s going to get her happy-ever-after, too.
When Natasha was little, there was only one thing she wanted to be: a superhero. Unfortunately, being a klutz isn’t a super-power. She turned to writing because it allows her to be anything she wants, including a caped crusader. When not writing, she is an instructor and editor. Visit her at www.natashadeen.com, and hang out with her on Twitter, Facebook, and Goodreads.
Natasha has generously offered to giveaway one e-book copy of her book, What Happens in Vegas!
It’s not that Binda Morningstar’s an idiot—the girl’s got more degrees than a thermometer—but there’s something about a crisis that makes her lose her mind…and accidently injure anyone within a ten foot radius. But if she’s going to rescue her boss from a cursed jewel, she’s going to have to keep it together. Unfortunately for her, the cop on the case, Corin Hawthorne, has her losing her mind and her heart…and if he gets anymore drool worthy, she’s going to lose her inhibitions, too. To save her boss and win her man, she’s got to outrun a mobster, outwit the YIFFS at a sex fetish convention, and outthink an ex-wife—and she’s got to do it all without breaking an arm or inadvertently hitting anyone with pepper spray…it’s all got Binda hoping that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
The enter the giveaway, you must complete the Rafflecopter below.
This giveaway is open to all with a valid email address until 12:01 AM EST on Thursday, September 22nd.