I have signed up for this neat challenge, which is being hosted by Beth Fish Reads.
Here's How It Works
Between January 1 and December 31, 2011, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a number in the title: First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why
- A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception
- A book with a size in the title: Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee
- A book with travel or movement in the title: Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler's Wife
- A book with evil in the title: Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely
- A book with a life stage in the title: No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child
Other Things to Know
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
- You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
- You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.
I will be keeping track of my progress below:
- 1st to Die by James Patterson (Book #1 of the Women's Murder Club Series)
- The Island of the Sequined Love Nun by Christopher Moore
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Velocity by Dean Koontz
- Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (Book #1 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series)
- A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer