This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, they post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers will answer. Everyone is welcome to join!
Today's list is Top Ten Books With X Setting. The setting that I am choosing is paranormal.
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling: Who wouldn't want to live at Hogwarts? The changing staircase is too cool, and I love all the secret passages and all the magical elements of the story.
2.The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: I loved this book! When I was a kid, I would pretend that my closet led to Narnia just like the wardrobe did in the story. It would be so cool to be with animals that could talk and to see magical creatures like Mr. Tumnus, the faun.
3. Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward: It was this second book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series that made me fall in love with those brothers. I'd love to live at the mansion with all those hot alpha males!!
4. Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (Alpha and Omega Series): I love this urban fantasy series with werewolves and their strong females.
5. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (Twilight Series): It was the third book in the Twilight series, Eclipse, that was my favourite. I loved the Edward/Bella/Jacob triangle, and this was the book that made me root for Team Jacob! I love vamps and werewolves.
6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: An excerpt from my review: "I was completed transfixed by this world with magical portals and other-worldly creatures...Taylor has created a world that is so rich in detail that I felt as though I was part of the story."
7. Shadow's Claim by Kresley Cole (The Dacians Series): This is the spin-off series of Cole's Immortals After Dark Series, which I still haven't read! Demons, sorceri, vamps, lykae, trolls - you name it, it's in there! Of course, there are also the hot alpha males!
8. Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (Mercedes Thompson Series): Another urban fantasy series featuring a kick-ass female with werewolves.
9. Written in Red by Anne Bishop (The Others Series): If you like urban fantasy, you are going to love this series! An excerpt from my review: "I was truly enchanted with Bishop’s world-building. She has woven together an amazing array of unearthly beings."
10. The Last Bastion of the Living by Rhiannon Frater: If you love zombies and kick-ass females, you simply must read this futuristic zombie series!
So, what are your favourite books with paranormal settings? Please let me know in the comments, or leave me a link to your blog post if you are also participating in the meme!