This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, they post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers will answer. Everyone is welcome to join!
Today's list is:
Here are my five:
1. LOVER ETERNAL: One of my favourite books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Rhage is the most attractive member of the BDB, and I envision him looking like this:
Yup, Eric Northman from True Blood. See what I mean? Rhage transforms from bad boy womanizer to romantic hero. A sexy alpha male for lovers of paranormal romances!
2. ADRENALINE: Sam Capra is a CIA agent. He's brilliant and a bit of a smart-ass, which just makes me love him even more!
3. CRY WOLF: The whole Alpha & Omega series is amazing! Anna is an amazing protagonist who overcomes so much. She's a strong survivor. Briggs creates such complex characters, like Asil (another favourite) and Walter (a soldier who suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder). And let's not forget Anna's love interest, Charles! I highly recommend this series for fans of urban fantasy!
4. A PRAYER FOR OWEN MEANY: I still think about this book, two years after I read it!! Owen Meany is the runt of the classroom who is always picked on. He's not afraid to speak his mind or what people think of him. I highly recommend listening to the audiobook, because narrator Joe Barrett totally brought Owen to life!
5. OUTLANDER: Two words - Jamie Fraser. Totally swoon-worthy! An 18th century Scotsman in a kilt, who is a warrior to boot? Oh, yeah!!
So, what books are on your Top Ten list for readers who like character driven novels? Please let me know in the comments, or leave me a link to your blog post if you are also participating in the meme!