This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, they post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers will answer. Everyone is welcome to join!
Today's list is:
1. JEFF ABBOTT: I just loved Adrenaline, which is a fast-paced thriller. The main character, Sam Capra, is a smart-ass and I couldn't get enough of the non-stop action! I actually have the next two audiobooks in the series, but I just haven't gotten around to listening to them yet!
2. NELSON DeMILLE: I loved Mayday, which is another heart-pounding thriller. If you like to flirt with disaster, try reading or listening to this one while you are on a long-distance flight!
3. DIANA GABALDON: Who hasn't swooned over Jamie Fraser? I loved Outlander! Narrator Davina Porter is phenomenal and makes this story come to life, and it's a good thing too because the audiobook is nearly 33 hours long! I assure you that I was riveted from start to finish. Gabaldon's books require that you devote quite a chunk of time to them, so I guess that's the reason why I've hesitated to pick up the next one although I am anxious to get back into this series!
4. TESS GERRITSEN: I really enjoyed The Bone Garden, which is a suspenseful mystery that takes you back to the 1830s. I love a great mystery writer!
5. JOHN IRVING: This is another book that requires a good chunk of time. The audiobook clocked in at nearly 27 hours, but Irving held my interest. A Prayer for Owen Meany is very thought-provoking, and I loved it!
6. BRODI ASHTON: I need to catch up on this series! I really enjoyed Everneath, and I want to find out what happens with Jack, Nikki, and Cole! Now that the series is complete, I'd like to read the remaining books back to back.
7. JODI MEADOWS: Here's another series that I really need to finish! I loved Incarnate, and I loved the character of Ana.
8. LAINI TAYLOR: This was my favourite YA read of 2011. I loved, loved, LOVED Daughter of Smoke & Bone!! I have already bought the next audiobook in the series, but I want to go back and listen to this one again because Khristine Hvam is such a superb narrator!
9. CHEVY STEVENS: I loved Stevens' debut novel, Still Missing. It was a real page-turner with non-stop suspense. I really want to read more from this Canadian author!
10. ANNE BISHOP: This is a fantastic urban fantasy series! Bishop's world-building in Written in Red has me hooked, and I can't wait to read more. I want to catch up with the second book in the series before the third one is released in March 2015.
11. SUZANNE YOUNG: Yeah, yeah, I know. This is actually a Top Eleven List instead of just a Top Ten, LOL! But I couldn't leave Young's The Program off my list! I loved this dystopian novel, and the romance between Sloane and James just tugged at my heart.
So, who's on your Top Ten list of authors that you have read only once but want to read more from? Please let me know in the comments, or leave me a link to your blog post if you are also participating in the meme!