This challenge is being hosted by Jackie at Literary Escapism!
Here are the details copied from Jackie's blog:
New Author Challenge 2014
Here are the guidelines:
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014.
- Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels. Anthologies are a great way to try someone new, but only a third of your new authors can be from short stories/novellas or anthologies.
- I want this to be an easy challenge, so you can pick to do either 15, 25 or 50 new authors. It all depends on how fast you read and how adventurous you want to be. If you reach your goal halfway through the year, don’t stop. Any new author you try can be added to Mr. Linky. We all want to know about your new experience.
- After reading your new author, write your review and then come back here and add your link to Mr. Linky. Make sure you include your name and the author, but adding the title is completely up to you.
- Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome. You don’t have to have a site to participate. You can link up via Facebook, GoodReads or even Amazon if you’d like.
Once you reach your goal, you don’t have to stop. Any new author you try, go ahead and head back here and add it to the list. Introduce us all to whoever you find. Afterall, there’s no reason to stop trying new authors, right?
Twitter: If you tweet your review, make sure to include the hashtag #NewAuthorsRC2014!
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I am going to aim for 25 new authors to discover in 2014.
I will keep track of my progress below and link up my reviews: