Hi, everyone! Time for a 2013 Reading Challenge!!
This challenge is being hosted by Fiktshun.
Here are the details copied Fiktshun's blog:
Don't Let It End Reading Challenge
I hate real-life goodbyes, I hate fictional ones nearly as much. So I often choose to delay the inevitable. Just because the author was ready to say goodbye to her characters and move on to something new, just because the characters were ready to say goodbye to their voyeuristic readers, doesn’t mean that I am ready to say goodbye to them.
But that’s all going to change in 2013…. Well, not the wanting to not say goodbye. That won’t change. But the willingness will.
So this year I’m challenging myself – and if you’d like to join in I’d love it! – to finish some of those series that have been lingering. And I’m only giving myself five months to do so. From Valentine’s Day to Bastille Day (February 14-July 14, 2013) I will be picking up and saying goodbye to at least six series that I’ve refused to say goodbye to.
ONE… Read the FINAL book only in a series that you’ve been putting off, or dread reading.
This can be ANY series-ending book – YA or non-YA from ANY year – but only the LAST book in the series will count for this challenge. So if you have a few books to read to end the series that you’ve been putting off, only the series-ending book will count toward the challenge.
TWO… Write a review or post your thoughts about the book.
It can be on a traditional blog or website, on Tumblr, Goodreads or Facebook. Just somewhere that you can leave a link to, in order to share your thoughts.
THREE… Between February 14 and July 14 stop back and leave a link to your posts.
Each month on the 14th I’ll be creating a post with a linky list so that you can link up each of your reviews or thoughts posts. On July 14th there will be a wrap-up post with a final giveaway for “successful” challenge participants – those who read at least ONE series-ending book and shared their thoughts.
+ It is open to EVERYONE with a place to post their thoughts online.
+ It is for books from ANY genre, though if your title is not young adult, please make that note in your Linky entry each month.
+ It is for books from ANY year, including 2013.
+ It is ONLY for the final book in the series. (Full-length books only, no after-the-fact novellas.)
+ There is NO minimum or maximum commitment. There is NO requirement to read each month.
+ You can join in at any time by signing up in THIS post and leaving your thoughts/review links in the current month’s post.
+ Books you read for other challenges CAN count toward this one. It just has to be the LAST book in the series. And they have to be read during the months of this challenge.
+ Every month there will be a
GIVEAWAY and one winner will be chosen from that month’s participants for ONE series-ending Book of Their Choice.
What to do….
1. SIGN UP by leaving a link to your blog, Facebook Page, Goodreads Profile or other. You can sign up anytime between now and July 14.
2. CREATE A SIGN UP POST. If you decide to create a sign-up post instead of just deciding to sign up, your link will count as FIVE extra entries into the sign-up giveaway.
3. GRAB A BUTTON. If you don’t have a blog it’s not necessary. There are no extra entries for doing so. But if you’d like to show your support it would be awesome. (The button is in the sidebar on the right.)
4. WAIT FOR THE CHALLENGE. The challenge doesn’t start until February 14th, so books read before then won’t count. So please wait until February 14th before you start reading.
5. STOP BACK EACH MONTH. On the 14th of every month there will be a new post for you to leave your links. Each link will count as an entry into that month’s giveaway.
6. READ. Don’t let sadness, fear or dread stop you from letting your favorite series end. Say goodbye to those characters so you’ll have room on your bookshelves and in your hearts for new ones.
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I will keep track of my progress below (I am going to list some books on my TBR list that qualify for the challenge):
- Lord of the Abyss by Nalini Singh (Royal House of Shadows, Book #4)
- Sever by Lauren DeStefano (The Chemical Garden, Book #3)
- Shades of Earth by Beth Revis (Across the Universe, Book #3)