Hi, everyone! Time for a 2013 Reading Challenge!!
Here are the details copied from DDS's blog:
2013 Reading Challenge: First-Reads
Points to Know:
1. Read as many books as possible, by authors that YOU haven't read before.
2. You do not have to be a blogger to participate.
3. Books read may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
4. The books can overlap with other reading challenges.
5. Post your links to your reviews each month to share with other participants.
6. The challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 1, 2013. Its never too late to Join In!
How To Sign-Up and Join In:
1. Choose a challenge level listed below.
2. Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (where possible) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of Authors/Books is optional).
3. Grab the badge and place it in your sign up post. Then link back to b00k r3vi3ws.
4. Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Linky List and enter your link.
5. Don't have a Blog? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment.
6. Reviewing is optional! But if you do review it would be great for you to share them by submitting them on the Review List.
7. Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the completion/wrap-up List.
Amateur: Choose to read 1 - 10 New Authors
Lover: Choose to read 11 - 20 New Authors
Expert: Choose to read 20 - 25 New Authors
Fanatic: Choose to read 25 or above New Authors
When talking about this challenge on Twitter, please use the hastag (#FirstReads). It makes it much easier to keep track of the conversations, answer questions and/or tweet back!
On January 1, I'll publish a Post with all the Linky Lists and instructions on how to add the links as you finish up reading & reviewing a book. You'll be able to find these posts during the year by clicking on the button in the sidebar. (I'll create those links on January 1.)
I will promote your reviews through facebook and twitter once you submit them in the Review List.
Once a month I will update the top 10 Readers' names.
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I am aiming for "FANATIC" (read 25 or above new authors).
"FANATIC" LEVEL COMPLETED ON 18 JULY 2013
I will keep track of my progress below and link up my reviews:
- Holiday Grind by Cleo Coyle (Coffeehouse Mystery, Book #8)
- Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (House of Night, Book #1)
- White Cat by Holly Black (Curse Workers, Book #1)
- Undead by Kirsty McKay (Undead, Book #1)
- Witch World by Christopher Pike (Witch World, Book #1)
- Divergent by Veronica Roth (Divergent, Book #1)
- Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason
- Crash by Lisa McMann (Visions, Book #1)
- Freedom Train: The Story of Harriet Tubman by Dorothy Sterling (Scholastic Biographies)
- Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill
- A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies (A Beautiful Dark, Book #1)
- The Perilous Road by William O. Steele
- Beastly by Alex Flinn (Kendra Chronicles, Book #1)
- Lincoln: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman
- Splintered by A.G. Howard (Splintered, Book #1)
- What the Spell? by Brittany Geragotelis (Life's a Witch, Book #1)
- Breed by Chase Novak
- Written in Red by Anne Bishop (The Others, Book #1)
- The End Games by T. Michael Martin
- Nauti Siren by Lora Leigh (Nauti, Book #7)
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks (Of Poseidon, Book #1)
- Snakes and Earrings by Hitomi Kanehara
- Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn
- The Terrible Wave by Marden Dahlstedt
- Hotel Iris by Yoko Ogawa
- Absent by Katie Williams
- Twenty-Five Years Ago Today by Stacy Juba
- The Great Turkey Walk by Kathleen Karr
- The Program by Suzanne Young (Program, Book #1)
- Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink (Caddie Woodlawn, Book #1)