Hi, everyone! Time for a 2013 Reading Challenge!!
Here are the details copied from Bookish Ardour's blog:
2013 Free Reads Challenge
About: The Free Reads Challenge is about all those books you’ve received for free, but haven’t been able to get to. Read books you’ve gotten via presents, review requests, prizes, or just found in the street. Does not include library books or other lending services. They must be books that have become part of your personal collection.
The Finer Deets
- The Main Rule: Read books you’ve received without purchasing and you haven’t read yet. Books include gifts, ARCs, prizes, rescue books, but does not include library or other loaned books, and yes you can read new releases.
- Running dates for all 2013 challenges: 1st of January – 31st of December 2013
- Sign-Ups are accepted until the 16th of December 2013.
- Formats: All BA Challenges are eBook, audio, short story, and graphic novel friendly.
- Crossovers: You’re welcome to crossover with BA’s challenges. Include as many books across all the challenges as you can, I always say.
How To Sign-Up and Join In
- Choose Your Level: Choose a challenge level listed below.
- Sign Up Post: Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (where possible) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of books is optional).
- Grab The Badge: Download or grab the badge and place it in your sign up post. Then link back to Bookish Ardour.
- Link Up: Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Mr Linky graphic and enter your link.
- Blogless? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment.
- Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional! But if you do review it would be great for you to share them by submitting them on the review page.
- Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the completion/wrap-up page.
- For Me? – Choose 5 books to read
- On The Cheap – Choose 15 books to read
- Bargain – Choose 30 books to read
- Presents – Choose 50 books to read
- So Free – Choose 75 books to read
- Gift Addict – Choose between 76-135 books to read
- Speechless – Choose between 136-200 books to read
Extra ChallengesIf you feel like that extra kick to your reading challenges here’s a couple you can choose from.
- World: Choose a country as your theme, reading only books from that country or where it’s the setting. For how high you go you can choose more than one country;
- Level For Me? and On The Cheap: Choose one country
- Level Bargain and Presents: Choose two countries
- Level So Free to end of Gift Addict: Choose three countries
- Level Speechless: Choose four countries.
- Gender Battle: Read books only by female or male authors. Another alternative is to read equal amounts of both.
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I am aiming for "FOR ME?" (read 5 free reads).
"FOR ME?" LEVEL COMPLETED ON FEBRUARY 5, 2013
"ON THE CHEAP" LEVEL COMPLETED ON APRIL 23, 2013
"BARGAIN" LEVEL COMPLETED ON JULY 24, 2013
I will keep track of my progress below and link up my reviews:
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (Christmas Books, Book #1)
- Holiday Grind by Cleo Coyle (Coffeehouse Mystery, Book #8)
- Rebel Heart by Moira Young (Dust Lands, Book #2)
- Undead by Kirsty McKay (Undead, Book #1)
- Witch World by Christopher Pike (Witch World, Book #1)
- Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener by M.C. Beaton (Agatha Raisin, Book #3)
- Shadow's Claim by Kresley Cole (The Dacians, Book #1)
- Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley by M.C. Beaton (Agatha Raisin, Book #4)
- Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason
- Crash by Lisa McMann (Visions, Book #1)
- Roast Mortem by Cleo Coyle (Coffeehouse Mystery, Book #9)
- Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles, Book #2)
- Splintered by A.G. Howard (Splintered, Book #1)
- What the Spell? by Brittany Geragotelis (Life's a Witch, Book #1)
- Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage by M.C. Beaton (Agatha Raisin, Book #5)
- Nowhere to Hide by Nancy Bush
- Breed by Chase Novak
- Death Comes Home by Rhiannon Frater (In Darkness We Must Abide, Episode #1)
- Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist by M.C. Beaton (Agatha Raisin, Book #6)
- Written in Red by Anne Bishop (The Others, Book #1)
- The End Games by T. Michael Martin
- On What Grounds by Cleo Coyle (Coffeehouse Mystery, Book #1)
- Nauti Siren by Lora Leigh (Nauti, Book #7)
- Tuesday's Gone by Nicci French (Frieda Klein, Book #2)
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks (Of Poseidon, Book #1)
- Last Kiss Goodnight by Gena Showalter (Otherworld Assassin, Book #1)
- Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn
- Absent by Katie Williams
- Twenty-Five Years Ago Today by Stacy Juba
- The Program by Suzanne Young (Program, Book #1)
- Pretty When She Kills by Rhiannon Frater (Pretty When She Dies, Book #2)