Hi, everyone! Time for a 2013 Reading Challenge!!
This challenge is being hosted by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal!
Here are the details copied from Kelly's blog:
2013 Why Buy the Cow? Reading Challenge
Things you need to know: This challenge is for free LEGAL downloads of books. These can be books offered through bigger sites, such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble, or smaller sites, such as Smashwords and All Romance Ebooks. Ebooks offered through author or publisher websites are acceptable as well, provided they are available free to everyone at the time of download. ARCs, library books, books free through Amazon Prime, books won or gifted, and galley ebooks DO NOT count toward this challenge.
Here's how it works:
- Should you choose to participate in this challenge, your goal is to read at least twelve (12) legally obtained FREE e-books. While twelve is the minimum there is no maximum limit.
- Anyone can join. You don’t have to be a blogger, and you don’t have to live in the United States.
- Any E-Reader will work for this challenge, including: iPad, Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Sony Reader, enTourage.
- Please Note: If you don’t have an e-reading device, you can still join in with Amazon’s Free Kindle Reading Apps which you can download for your iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, Blackberry and more.
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. You can join at any time.
- e-books in ANY genre count for this challenge as long as it was FREE at the time that you downloaded it.
- Every month in 2013, I will make a post for the 2013 Why Buy the Cow? Reading Challenge so you can link your reviews. Based on participation, monthly link ups may be combined.
- If you have a blog, create a post announcing your participation in the challenge. Please include a link back to this post.
- Non bloggers: participate by linking up your profile URL from the site you plan to post your reviews on such as Goodreads, Shelfari, LibraryThing, Amazon, or Barnes & Noble.
- When you post your book review, you MUST reveal how you obtained the free & legal download. Please make your source clear. We do not condone piracy of any sort.
- You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them.
- Crossovers to other reading challenges is acceptable, but ARCs/galley e-books DO NOT count. Again, this is a Reading Challenge to read as many of the FREE e-books legally offered for your e-reader. To get started, check out the Top 100 Free books on Amazon, or the Free e-books on Barnes & Noble.
Coupon Clipper: 12 Books
Penny Pincher: 24 Books
Buying in Bulk: 36 Books
Super Saver: 50 Books
Extreme Couponer: 100+ Books
Intrigued? Do you think you want a piece of this action? Excellent. Hop on over to the sign-up page and show us what you're made of!
Want to know where to start looking for those freebies?
Barnes & Noble
All Romance eBooks: offers random freebie books throughout the year (signing up for the newsletter is the best way to stay updated about new freebies)
Pocket After Dark: offers free online reads that change monthly and/or every two weeks
Books on the Knob pulls freebies from around the web in different genres for reader consumption (for romance/erotica reads check out Erotica and Romance Books on the Knob)
Additionally, check out your favorite authors' blogs. They often have hidden gems for their readers.
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I am aiming for COUPON CLIPPER (read 12 free books).
I will keep track of my progress below and link up my reviews (below is a list of just some of the freebies that I have downloaded from Amazon Kindle store, and I will choose books from this list):
- Death Comes Home by Rhiannon Frater (In Darkness We Must Abide, Episode #1)
- Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs (Sweet Venom Series, Book 1)
- Her Dark Angel by Felicity Heaton (Her Angel Romance Series, Book 1)
- Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory (The Jodie Wilkins Series, Book 1)
- Jenny Pox by J.L. Bryan (The Paranormals, Book 1)
- Once Bitten by Trina M. Lee (Alexa O’Brien Huntress, Book 1)
- To Kill A Warlock by H.P. Mallory (The Dulcie O’Neil Series, Book 1)
- Thirst by Claire Farrell (Ava Delaney, Book 1)
- Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter by Nikki Jefford
- Hollowland by Amanda Hocking (The Hollows, Book 1)
- The Soulkeepers by G.P. Ching (The Soulkeepers Series, Book 1)
- Drip Drop Teardrop by Samantha Young
- Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young (Fire Spirits, Book 1)
- Descended by Blood by Angeline Kace (Vampire Born Trilogy, Book 1)
- The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen (Fallen Star Series, Book 1)
- Witchblood by Emma Mills (Witchblood Series)
- Sojourner by Maria Rachel Hooley (Sojourner Series, Book 1)
- Rippler by Cidney Swanson (The Ripple Trilogy, Book 1)
- Blood Reaction by D.L. Atha
- The Pearl Savage by Tamara Rose Blodgett (Savage Series, Book 1)
- Earth by Shauna Granger (Elemental Series, Book 1)
- L.A. Gothic – In the Dark of Light by Vivien Levigne
- The Accidental Exorcist by Joshua Graham
- Darkhouse by Karina Halle (Experiment in Terror, Book 1)
- Afraid – A Novel of Terror by J.A. Konrath
- Children of the Fog by Cheryl Kaye Tardif
- Haunted by Willow Cross
- The Deepest Cut by J.A. Templeton (A MacKinnon Curse, Book 1)