Hi, everyone! Time for a 2013 Reading Challenge!!
This challenge is being hosted by Barbara @ Basia's Bookshelf.
Here are the details copied from Kate's blog:
2013 New Adult Reading Challenge
Here are the rules:
- The book must feature a protagonist who is past the average age for graduation from high school (18 in most places) and under 30. If they’re exactly 18, you can make the judgment call based on content. (If the majority of it is set in high school, it’s probably YA.)
- They don’t have to be contemporaries! Fantasy, dystopian and paranormal fans rejoice, your books count too. As long as the characters fall into the comparative age group on whatever planet or in whatever world, it works.
- You don’t have to have a blog to participate, but you must post your reviews somewhere accessible online (like Goodreads).
- Just Graduated: Read a minimum of 5 New Adult books
- Moving Out: Read a minimum of 10 New Adult books
- Living On Your Own: Read a minimum of 20 New Adult books
- Fully Independent: Read a minimum of 30 New Adult booksIf you’re looking for inspiration right now, here are a few Goodreads Lists you can check out (I have nothing to do with any of these and you’ll want to double-check them before you read to make sure they qualify):
New Adult/Post HS Books
New Adult Literature
New Adult Contemporary
New Adult of 2012 (includes some good paranormal and fantasy)
New Adult Dark & Gritty
Speculative New Adult Fiction
New Adult Fantasy Series’And the best resource of them all, NA Alley
Edit to add: I started a Listopia at Goodreads that you can feel free to add books that fit to: 2013 New Adult Releases
We have a Goodreads group you can join to chat, get ideas and find resources (the name won’t be 2012 eventually) and there will be places to link up your reviews (and I’ll have your reviews archived, read-a-longs, giveaways and other stuff exclusively here for participants too).
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I am aiming for "JUST GRADUATED" (read 5 New Adult books).
I will keep track of my progress below and link up my reviews (here are some books that I might read for the challenge):
- Rebel Heart by Moira Young (Dust Lands, Book #2)
- Witch World by Christopher Pike (Witch World, Book #1)
- Tempest by Julie Cross (Tempest, Book #1)
- Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire (Beautiful, Book #2)
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Book #2)
- Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin (Masque of the Red Death, Book #1)
- When She Woke by Hillary Jordan
- Hollowland by Amanda Hocking (Hollowland, Book #1)