Hi, everyone! Time for a 2013 Reading Challenge!!
This challenge is being hosted by Sheila at Book Journey!
Here are the details copied from Sheila's blog:
2013 Where Are You Reading? Challenge
What is the point of this challenge? It is to try to read in each of the 50 States between January 1 2013 – December 31, 2013.
How do you decide what state a book is categorized under?
1. In a fiction read it would be the State or Country that the book spends the most time in. (Ie. If your main character is from Wisconsin but the book is all about his/her time in college in California – the books should categorize under California….)
2. Non fiction reads categorize in whatever State or Country it is about (Ie…. a book about fly fishing in Colorado is a Colorado point, and a book about women in Afghanistan is an Afghanistan point.
3. If the book goes from one state to another… go with the state that most of the time is spent.
How to get started
Set up a map under Google Maps. It is easy to do! Every time you read a book in 2012, upload a cover picture to Picasa Web Albums (there may be other sites to use, feel free to use what works best for you).
For those who have covered the 50 states by the end of 2013, they will go into a drawing for a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble or to Amazon. ** All other areas beyond the 50 states are bonus points and we will have a drawing using random.org for those who read 10 or more books throughout 2013 in that category.That’s it!
Here is a link to tips on how to do it. Any other questions – please leave them in the comments section below.
I can’t wait to see WHERE You Are Reading!
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
Here is a link to my Google Map for the challenge.
- NEW YORK: Holiday Grind by Cleo Coyle (Coffeehouse Mystery, Book #8)
- OKLAHOMA: Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (House of Night, Book #1)
- NEW JERSEY: White Cat by Holly Black (Curse Workers, Book #1)
- NEVADA: Witch World by Christopher Pike (Witch World, Book #1)
- ILLINOIS: Divergent by Veronica Roth (Divergent, Book #1)
- CALIFORNIA: By the Great Horn Spoon! by Sid Fleischman
- MARYLAND: Freedom Train: The Story of Harriet Tubman by Dorothy Sterling (Scholastic Biographies)
- COLORADO: A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies (A Beautiful Dark, Book #1)
- TENNESSEE: The Perilous Road by William O. Steele
- KENTUCKY: Lincoln: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman
- WASHINGTON: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (Mercy Thompson, Book #1)
- TEXAS: Splintered by A.G. Howard (Splintered, Book #1)
- OREGON: Nowhere to Hide by Nancy Bush
- WEST VIRGINIA: The End Games by T. Michael Martin
- PENNSYLVANIA: The Terrible Wave by Marden Dahlstedt
- MASSACHUSETTS: Twenty-Five Years Ago Today by Stacy Juba
- MISSOURI: The Great Turkey Walk by Kathleen Karr
- WISCONSIN: Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink (Caddie Woodlawn, Book #1)
BONUS LOCATIONS BEYOND THE 50 STATES:
- ENGLAND: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (Christmas Books, Book #1)
- SCOTLAND: Undead by Kirsty McKay (Undead, Book #1)
- FRANCE: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles, Book #2)
- SLOVENIA: Breed by Chase Novak
- CYPRUS: Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist by M.C. Beaton (Agatha Raisin, Book #6)
- JAPAN: Snakes and Earrings by Hitomi Kanehara
- CANADA: Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens