The cooler temperatures and the yellow and red foliage are definite signs that summer is gone! I can't complain because we had a very hot and dry summer, and I am actually pleased about the cooler temperatures (although it was still 25 degrees Celsius yesterday!). I love this time of year!!
Callapidder Days is hosting the Fall Into Reading 2011 Challenge, a new one that I have signed-up for!
If you want to join the challenge as well, here are the details:
- Make a list of books you want to read (or finish reading) this fall. Your list can be as long or as short as you’d like.
- Write a blog post containing your list and submit it to this post at Callapidder Days' blog.
- Get reading! The challenge goes from September 23rd through December 21st.
- Check out other participants’ lists and add to your own to-read-someday pile, if you wish!
- Write a post about your challenge experience in December, telling us all about whether you reached your goals and how Fall Into Reading went for you. But remember: this is a low-pressure challenge that should be fun. As long as you do some reading this fall (and enjoy it!), that’s good enough for me.
If you want to join me in the challenge, click the Fall Into Reading 2011 Challenge button at the beginning of this post!
I have a ton of books for review to get through, and I hope to also get some books in that are "just for me" as well! The books that I hope to read this Fall include:
- Ushers, Inc. by Rusty Fischer
- Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward (Book #7 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series)
- Blood's Voice by Áine P. Massie (Book #1 of the House Millar Series)
- The Santa Club by Kelly Moss
- Lover Mine by J.R. Ward (Book #8 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series)
- Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward (Book #9 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series)
- Lord of Rage by Jill Monroe (Book #2 of the Royal House of Shadows Series)
- Lord of the Wolfyn by Jessica Andersen (Book #3 of the Royal House of Shadows Series)
- The Black Witch by Michael Rivers
- Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire: Sidhi Summer Camp Series by Jodie B. Cooper
- Loose Gravel by David Holmes
- Candy and Cigarettes by CS DeWildt
- The Witches Lottery by Krystal McLaughlin
- A Dragon Forsaken by Krystal McLaughlin
- Cold Vengeance by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
- Fangs For Nothing by Adrianne Ambrose
- In My Dreams by Cameo Renae
- Progeny by R.T. Kaelin
- Amanda in Arabia: The Perfume Flask by Darlene Foster
- Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan
- The Siesta And The Midnight Sun by Jessa Gamble
- Cold Magic by Kate Elliott
- The Case of the Missing Deed by Ellen Schwartz
- Father Mine: Zsadist and Bella's Story by J.R. Ward
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Enclave by Ann Aguirre
- Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (Book #1 of the Wolves of Mercy Falls Series)
- Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (Book #2 of the Wolves of Mercy Falls Series)
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater (Book #3 of the Wolves of Mercy Falls Series)
- The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë